1. ELIGIBLE APPLICANTS FOR TR VISA
This type of visa is issued to applicants who are currently residing in Austria, Slovakia or Slovenia and wishing to enter Thailand for tourism purposes only.
2. TR VISA CONDITIONS
2.1 TR Visa is valid for a single entry into Thailand for tourism purposes only.
2.2 TR Visa is valid for 3 months from the date of issuance. Travellers must enter Thailand within the said 3-month period. They will be allowed to stay in Thailand for a period of up to 60 days, counting from the date of entry. Extension is possible for another 30 days, with maximum period of stay of 90 days, counting from the date of entry.
2.3 If the TR Visa holder breaches the entry conditions (for example, if he/she engages in work-related activities), the stay permit will be revoked and he/she will be prohibited from entering Thailand in the future.
3. TR VISA APPLICATION PROCEDURES
3.1 Prepare required documents as follows:
- Completed application form – to download CLICK HERE
- Passport with at least two empty pages and validity not less than 6 months from the date of planned entry to Thailand
- One recent passport-sized photograph (4×6 cm)
- Copy of registration of residency of Austria, Slovakia or Slovenia if you are not a citizen of Austria, Slovakia or Slovenia
- Bank statement from the past 6 months showing a minimum of 15,000 Euro maintained throughout the 6 months. The bank statement must show the applicant’s name as account owner.
- Visa processing fee: 35 Euro (in cash only / non-refundable)
3.2 Make an appointment to submit the above required documents in person with the Royal Thai Embassy in Vienna.
- To book an appointment with the Royal Thai Embassy in Vienna, CLICK HERE.
- Please note that it is not possible to apply for the visa via post. All postal applications will be rejected.
- Applicants residing in Slovakia and Slovenia may submit their TR Visa applications with the Royal Thai Honorary Consulate-General in Bratislava and the Royal Thai Honorary Consulate-General in Ljubljana, respectively. The Royal Thai Honorary Consulates in Austria may also receive TR Visa applications from applicants residing in their respective areas. Please contact the respective honorary consulates directly for more information.
4. TR VISA PROCESSING TIME
- Visa processing time is usually 3 days.
- Certain applications which require special consideration may take longer to process.
- Successful applicants may collect their passports at the Embassy or choose to have their passports sent to them via post (if this option is chosen, an envelop and postage fee must be provided upon application submission).
- Consular officers reserve the right to request additional documents as deemed necessary.
- Visa processing fee is subject to change without prior notice.
- Nationals of certain countries are required to apply for a visa only at the Thai Embassy or Consulate-General in their home/residence country or at the designated Thai Embassy.
- The applicants must provide genuine documents and information. If the applicants provide fraudulent documents or false information, their applications will be rejected and they may be prohibited from entering Thailand in the future.
6. OTHER ENTRY REQUIREMENTS: CERTIFICATE OF ENTRY & OTHER DOCUMENTS
- Upon receiving TR Visa, the travellers must apply for the Certificate of Entry (COE). Without the COE, travellers will be refused entry to Thailand even if they hold valid visas. For more information on Thailand’s entry regulations, please visit www.thaiembassy.at/en/coe.
- TR Visa holders must prepare the following required documents to apply for COE online (APPLY HERE: https://coethailand.mfa.go.th/)
- For pre-approval stage (Registration):
- Copy of passport
- Copy of valid TR Visa
- Health insurance which expressly covers medical treatment expenditures of COVID-19, with minimum coverage of USD 100,000 during the entire stay in Thailand. Travellers are advised to purchase their health insurance which meets Thailand’s entry criteria here: http://covid19.tgia.org/
- For final approval stage (Confirmation):
- Flight confirmation
- Confirmation of Alternative State Quarantine (ASQ) hotel booking for a minimum of 15 nights, starting from the date of the arrival in Thailand. Please reserve the room directly with the hotel, requesting for ASQ package. Booking through online agents will not be accepted. For a list of approved ASQ hotels, CLICK HERE.
- For pre-approval stage (Registration):
- At check-in and upon arrival in Thailand, all travellers are required to present the following documents:
- Valid visa / re-entry permit
- Fit to Fly Health Certificate issued no more than 72 hours before departure time
- Medical Certificate with a laboratory result indicating that COVID-19 is not detected, using RT-PCR method, which has been certified or issued no more than 72 hours before departure time
- Health insurance which meets the entry requirement & ASQ hotel confirmation